Terms and conditions for the use of the Online Portal administered by Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
- By using or accessing online portal, you (the user or intended user and any person/organisation you represent) accept and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions, as updated by us from time to time without notice.
- to regularly check for updates to these Terms and Conditions, and
- that when using or accessing the online portal, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions effective at that time.
- You must not submit any information through the online portal that is false or misleading, and if you do so, action may be taken against you.
- You will use the online portal to provide us with information that will be to the best of your knowledge, true and correct;
- You will give us Notice of any discrepancies in any information you provide to us;
- You agree to receive notices electronically from us;
- You are responsible for online portal activity using your Username/email identification and/or Password/PIN and/or Authority Number and/or Access Code;
- You are bound by all acts or omissions of any authorised agent acting on your behalf;
- You will use Ancillary Equipment to access the online portal and are responsible for all charges relating to your Ancillary Equipment, including if you use it outside Australia;
- We may use the online portal to advertise other products or services or ask you to participate in a survey;
- We can add or remove services from the online portal at any time and additional terms and conditions may apply to any added service;
- The Terms and Conditions include these terms, and the Privacy, Copyright and Accessibility conditions on the Site.
Restrictions and Termination of access to Online Portal
- We may refuse to offer access or prevent use or future use to any person at any time.
We can restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the online portal at any time without notice:
- if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions;
- in the event of a security breach; or
- at any other time.
- We are not responsible for any loss you suffer as a result of your access being restricted, suspended or terminated.
- You must give us Notice if you wish to cancel or close your online portal account.
Access and accuracy
- We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Online Portal is available for you when required.
We cannot guarantee that:
- there will not be any interruptions while you are using the Online Portal; or
- the information displayed on the Online Portal is accurate, current or complete.
- You are responsible for keeping your Online Portal account secure.
- You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your Online Portal account.
Inaccuracies and disputes
- If you believe any Online Portal transaction is wrong or unauthorised, you must notify us immediately.
- You must keep a record of all transaction reference numbers issued by the Online Portal.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we, our agents or nominated service providers exclude completely all liability for any claim, loss, or damage (including special, indirect or consequential loss and including loss of business profits), however caused arising out of or in connection with:
- any system failure or interruption to the Online Portal or the Site;
- any inaccuracy, corruption of data, errors or omissions resulting from any failure of your Ancillary Equipment;
- any inaccuracy, corruption of data, errors or omissions resulting from any failure by you to properly protect your Password/PIN or the use of your Password/PIN by another person;
- the appointment of an agent to act on your behalf; or
- any termination or restriction of your Online Portal account.
If you appoint an agent to make Online Portal transactions on your behalf, you agree:
- to provide us with Notice of your agent's details;
- that any transactions completed on your behalf by your agent are legally binding;
- that the agent agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions;
- that you have the option of setting the level of access the agent has to each function in the Online Portal; and
- by providing your agent with access to the Online Portal permission that you empower your agent with the ability to sub-delegate access to your account to other agents.
The laws of New South Wales govern these Terms and Conditions.
Definitions and Interpretation
Any reference to "us", "we" or "our" is a reference to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
Any reference to 'you' or 'your' is a reference to the person agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
Where words or terms appear in capital letters, they shall have the meaning given to them in the Definitions.
Unless otherwise required by the context, words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa.
"Ancillary Equipment" means any equipment (including a personal computer, telephone or mobile device such as a smartphone or iPad) specified by us that you need to use the Online Portal.
"Online Portal" is an online self-service business system accessed by the internet using Ancillary Equipment..
"Notice" means communication in writing between you and us, including by fax, email or post.
"Password" means the required character combination word that the Online Portal uses to authenticate your identity and provide access approval.
"Access Code" is your personal identification number which allows you to sign up to the Online Portal.
"Authority Number" is the number allocated to you for identification purposes.
"Site" means the website you use to access the Online Portal.
"Username" is the email address you provided to register for the Online Portal.
We are continuously assessing our technology to ensure we provide users with continuous and uninterrupted access. Read more on our Accessibility page.
View our Disclaimer.
Your privacy and the safeguarding of customer information is important to us. View our Privacy statement.
Whilst we endeavour to provide a secure website, we cannot promise that the Site is virus or fault free. You will need to make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when deciding whether or not you should utilise this Site. Furthermore, we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, or failure to store any user communications or Advertisement details.
View our Copyright statement
Last updated: 17 Nov 2019